Here are some of the key findings from AIIM's Enterprise 2.0 survey "Collaboration and Enterprise 2.0 - Work-meets-play or the future of business?" that I find interesting, although not very surprising:
- Over half of organizations consider Enterprise 2.0 to be “important” or “very important” to their business goals and success.
- Only 25% are actually doing anything about it, but this is up from 13% in 2008.
- 68% think that professional networking on the web is vital to career progression.
- 71% agree that it’s easier to locate “knowledge” on the Web than it is to find it on internal systems.
- 40% feel it is important to have Enterprise 2.0 facilities within their ECM suite, with SharePoint TeamSites as the most likely collaboration platform.
- As regards governance of usage and content, only 30% of companies have policies on blogs, forums and social networks, compared to 88% who have policies for email.
- Planned spending on Enterprise 2.0 projects in the next 12 months is up in all product areas.